Please follow these guidelines when preparing your Photo products for submission.
All photo files should be:
- RGB color space
- 300 dpi resolution
- any aspect ratio
- minimum of 1 megapixel (1,000 x 1,000 square pixels)
- maximum of 10 megapixels (10,000 x 10,000 square pixels)
- flattened .jpg file
Photo files should reside in a main root directory along with documentation. If your product contains variations, make sure that all files are appropriately named for clarity. Include in your product description a list of all files and their corresponding resolution. For example:
- Extra Large Photo – 10,000 x 10,000
- Large Photo – 5,000 x 5,000
- Medium Photo – 2,500 x 2,500
- Small Photo – 1,000 x 1,000
Photo Product Variations
The following are possible product variations which you can offer:
- A Photo Product which consists of a single image. You may choose to include the largest version of the image for one price, and smaller versions of the image at reduced prices if you wish.
- A Photo Pack which contains several different photos which are of the same theme and designed to work together. An example would be a pack of photos all depicting the same model in different poses, or a series which depicts similar architectural styles.
Images should be photo-realistic not computer-generated and able to be used commercially with little to no editing. Your image will be rejected if it contains any trademarks, logos, or copyrighted products. For images that depict recognizable persons or buildings you will need to upload a signed model release form or property release form giving you permission to distribute the image commercially.
Documentation for photo products must list the resolution of each included photo. The following formats are acceptable:
Photo products must include a preview image of the product with the VFX Market watermark overlaid on the image.
Single photo previews can be added by using the Featured Image field on the product submission form. For photo packs you may choose to create a multi-image gallery. In the Product Description field, click on Add Media, then Create Gallery, upload your watermarked preview images and Insert Into Gallery. Then change the post format from Default to Gallery and your images will appear as a slider gallery on your product page.
Your final product for submission should be compressed using the .zip format. The file name should be the same as the product title using underscores for spaces between words. If you are offering different product variations to be sold separately, please also include the name of the variation in the file name (example: my_photo_product_large.zip / my_photo_product_medium.zip).
You may allow customers to purchase multiple variations of your product at one time by selecting ‘Multi-Purchase Mode’ on the product submission form. When setting your files and prices, simply zip and upload a single image for each price option. You may also want to offer your entire package as an option possibly at a reduced price in which case you would zip all of your images together and upload as a single price option.
Photo Product example:
- Large Image (5,000×5,000) – $7
- Medium Image (2,500×2,500) – $5
- Small Image (1,000×1,000) – $3
- All Image Sizes (S, M, L) – $12
Photo Pack example:
- Image 1 (5,000×5,000) – $7
- Image 2 (5,000×5,000) – $7
- Image 3 (5,000×5,000) – $7
- All 3 Images – $19
Giving customers the ability to choose only the files they need can be helpful with driving sales!