Please follow these guidelines when preparing your Audio products for submission.
All audio files should be 48kHz 16-bit stereo. MP3 files must have a bit rate of 320 kbps. The following file formats are acceptable:
Audio files should reside in a main root directory along with documentation. If your product contains several variations or multiple sound effects, make sure that all audio files are appropriately named for clarity. Include in your product description a list of all tracks and their corresponding duration. For example:
- Main Track – 3:00
- Main Track Variation A – :30
- Main Track Variation B – :15
- Main Track Variation C – :05
Audio Product Variations
The following are possible product variations which you can offer:
- A Music Product which contains a single audio track, or a collection of audio tracks which are variations on a single piece of music. For example you may include a main track, a 30-second looped version, and a shortened logo version. The maximum length for any one music track is 10 minutes.
- A Music Pack which contains several different audio tracks of the same genre which are designed to work together. An example would be an action movie music pack or a sci-fi music pack. The maximum length for any one music track is 10 minutes.
- A Sound Pack which can include up to 50 different sounds. The total duration for all sounds in the pack should not exceed 10 minutes.
Any audio assets you create yourself may be included in your audio preview and download files. You may also use third-party assets in your audio preview or download file, but only if you have the appropriate license to use and distribute the assets in that way.
No watermarked assets from another marketplace (Envato, Pond5, etc.) may be used in your audio preview or included in the download file – however you may use non-watermarked assets provided you have the appropriate license.
Any music tracks that contain vocals must be in English.
Audio products must include a full-length .mp3 preview of the product with the VFX Market audio watermark. For Music Products only the main theme needs to be heard in your audio preview. For Music Packs you must upload a preview for each distinct track separately. For Sound Packs you may upload a single preview track with all sounds included.
All audio products must include documentation listing each track and its duration. The following formats are acceptable:
Your final product for submission should be compressed using the .zip format. The file name should be the same as the product title using underscores for spaces between words. If you are offering different product variations to be sold separately, please also include the name of the variation in the file name (example: my_audio_product_mp3.zip / my_audio_product_wav.zip).
You may allow customers to purchase multiple audio tracks from a collection by selecting ‘Multi-Purchase Mode’ on the product submission form. When setting your files and prices, simply zip and upload a single track for each price option. You may also want to offer your entire package as an option possibly at a reduced price in which case you would zip all of your audio tracks together and upload as a single price option. For example:
- Action Movie Track 1 – $3
- Action Movie Track 2 – $3
- Action Movie Track 3 – $3
- Action Movie All Tracks – $7
Giving customers the ability to choose only the files they need can be helpful with driving sales!